Finally back to the goat!
- I've been so busy I haven't had time to work on this until now. This is page 5 of the "Daisy Comes to New Orleans" bilingual coloring book. I'm planning on making 10 more pages. Hoping to be done by Christmas!
* So Jazz Fest is the next 2 weekends. I won't be there 🙂
I'll be at Festival Internationale in Lafayette this coming weekend for I think my 10th year? I love Lafayette. Lots of good folks out there.
- My Jazz Fest Application was rejected this year. My paltry excuse of stick figure art isn't good enough for the Jazz Fest judges. I don't question them anymore, I'm not sure what they're after. I setup 4 and 3 years ago and did awful anyway.
As an illustrator (or painter) at Jazz Fest, they only allow you to sell original work - no photo or canvas giclée prints of any kind, even made in house. - BUT! As a photographer, you can sell photographs in any size you want, lim. Ed. not necessary... Prob don't have to be signed... why can't I apply as a photographer who specializes in selling prints of my illustrations?
- I've been trying work smaller to have originals in the $100s of dollars to sell instead of the $1000s to sell at Jazz Fest (if I f'in got in), but it's a challenge for me... I aways want to go over the top.
* Here's what overflowing my plate at the moment:
- 2 commissions due by the end of year - Restaurant Depot - mural "wrap" - private commission
- Coloring book!!!!!!!! Hopefully by Christmas!
- Cajun Alphabet "crawfish letters"
- Smaller f. Quarter/Nola scenes
- start series of 6 "Holiday" shotgun houses
- 17 month old toddler... - shipping orders/framing names/setting the booth up/paperwork.. etc. etc. etc...
😴😴😴 ... See MoreSee Less
2 days ago ·
I framed this yesterday with some old cypress "lap board" I found in a trash can a couple blocks from my house. - I framed my St. Roch drawing in the same wood and sold it within a week (pictures to come of that one framed).
* Will be setup with this new piece and all my other stuff at the French Market tomorrow (booth c129 Riverside) - and Monday booth c130 quarter side) @ Freret, New Orleans ... See MoreSee Less
1 week ago ·
Finally finished with the Roman Candy Cart. Had to knock out a commission before I could get back to this.
6x9 ... See MoreSee Less
1 month ago ·
Happy Mardi Gras ! - Last day in the market until Friday.. booth C91 - Rivaside yo! ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago ·